2020 Year In Review Back to Journal →
Thursday, December 24, 2020
This is my first "year in review" post but I’d love to make it something I can reflect back on for years to come. And what a year to start this idea!
2020 was a year like none other for a majority of the world. COVID-19 took each country by storm and really didn’t relent. What seemed like a ho-hum start to a new year suddenly accelerated aspects of life that were several years away from mass adoption like remote work and teleconferencing.13|SHARE has been doing this for 9 years, but happy the rest of the world is catching up!
It was a year of canceled flights (Seattle, Paris, California, London), closed restaurants, polarized politics to a level previously unseen, and deserted streets. But that paints only the grim side of things.
It was also a year of newfound places and traditions. Some of these include:
- Walks around Georgetown including Dumbarton Oaks.
- Trips to St. Michaels, Maryland and Charlottesville, Virginia.
- So many cheese boards and smørrebrød!
- Lox bagel Sundays and Sushi Mondays.
I’m thankful for my health, my lovely wife, and my family. I look forward with hope to 2021.
- 2021 Year In Review
- One Touch Rule
- More Tools Than Posts
- On Garlic
- Our Thing for Rowhouses
- Celebrating our Second Doses
- Many Masks of 2021
- My Current Workspace
- On Vaccines
- On Inspired Wallpaper
- On Snow in Washington
- A Parking Lot Christmas to Remember
- 2020 Year In Review
- Washington Holiday Markets are Here
- Made it to Charlottesville
- On Making the Best of Things
- On Fresh Designs
- On Finding New Traditions
- On Transitions