Things I Use Every Day
I’m a minimalist at heart and part of that means assessing the value each object I purchase brings into my life. This living page seeks to list the personal and professional things I always use and highly recommend to others.
- Alfred: automate my tasks and launches my apps.1I have my eye on Raycast.
- Keyboard Maestro: for automating my keystrokes.
- NetNewsWire: keeps me up to date across the web.
- Spotify: for listening to music.
- Logseq: for taking and managing my digital notes.2I started with Roam Research but couldn’t justify the cost.
- Mimestream: for reading email in a fast, native way.
- IINA: for a better video experience on my Mac.
- Pika: for sniping beautiful colors on-screen. 3I used to use Sip but the pricing model changed and wasn’t worth the cost.
- Fantastical: manages my calendar (life?) as if by magic.
- Things 3: for jotting and ultimately completing my todos.
- Muji Pens: for taking notes and doodling.
- Leuchtturm1917: has been my go-to notebook for years.
- Caraway Cookware: has changed my relationship to cooking.
- Vapur Water Bottle: for staying hydrated.
- Casper: for sleeping and general coziness.
- Sonos One: beautifully plays my music across floors.
- Wyze Cam: lets me check in on home when I’m traveling.
- Jabra Elite 75t Earbuds: play my music on runs.
- Kindle Oasis: for reading when traveling light.
- Shottr: makes my screenshots more useful.
- VS Code: edits the bulk of my code and prose.
- Sketch: to occasionally create illustrations and icons.
- ZSH: is an upgraded shell.4Highly recommend using a framework like Oh My Zsh to help with configuration.
- 13" MacBook Pro: is my primary work device.
- iPhone 13 mini: is my primary mobile device.
- AirPods Pro: let me listen to work calls for hours on end.
- Fully Jarvis: is a minimal standing desk for my work. 5I graduated from a Telos Desk that I still own and love.
- Logitech MX Anywhere 3: as an advanced mouse.
Last updated on Friday, December 3, 2021.