This website is designed and developed by me and has gone through many iterations over the years. I always liked the idea of having a personal website I could tinker with to ensure I keep up to date with the latest web technologies.
The site is built using Eleventy (11ty) and hosted on Netlify. In past years I’ve turned to a variety of CMSs but that has mostly been to learn about each one as I built the site.1We’re talking about WordPress, Laravel, Craft, Jekyll, and Hugo.
Fonts in Use
- Blanco by Dave Foster for all body text and headlines.
- Pitch by Klim is used for minor touches here and there.
Previously Featured Fonts
- Mier B by General Type Studio for all body text and headlines.
- Circular by Lineto for body text and some headlines.
I’ve drawn techniques and inspiration from many places around the web. Here are a few:
- Many font and rhythm choices are derived from Matthew Smith and Luke Mitchell. They were why I hopped on the Blanco train.
- The 11ty documentation and eleventyone helped me a great deal while migrating from Hugo.
- I’m a huge fan of "marginalia" (or side notes) instead of footnotes. I borrowed ideas from Edward Tufte, Eleventufte, and several others before settling on my own version.
- The style system doesn’t strongly adhere to any one philosophy (e.g. Atomic, BEM ) except a general adoption of the phrase "less is more". For larger projects for clients, I often turn to BEM as a guide.