My Favorite Apps & Gear
I tend to be a little picky about the tools I use on a daily basis. Here’s what I rely on as of November 2016.
- I was a longtime Sublime Text user until very recently when I switched to Atom. I like the configuration options available to me and I like the support for Fira Code ligatures.
- I make extensive use of zsh and many plugins/themes/configurations to enhance my iTerm 2 experience.
- In terms of tooling, my workflow typically involves a set of Gulp methods to optimize images, process stylesheets, and deploy to various servers.
- I use Transmit for all my FTP and AWS storage connection needs.
- Evernote stores all my personal information and syncs across my most important devices.
- I use AirMail for both work and personal email on my Mac and Outlook on my iPhone/iPad. I’m also a huge fan of Gmail’s updated app (as of early November).
- Alfred has become a life saver for me both as a workflow tool and an app launcher. This tool alone probably saves me an hour a day.
- Most of my work is done on a 15”, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 MacBook Pro with 16GB RAM hooked up to a 27” Thunderbolt Display.
- For travel, I turn to a 12” Retina MacBook with 8GB RAM - much more portable and while significantly slower than my other machine, it always does the job on the road.
- I turn to an iPhone 7 for all my mobile needs, but I do have an iPad mini (latest generation) for tablet testing and light reading in bed.
- All my gadgets fit nicely into a Tumi Alpha Bravo Andersen Slim bag.